Submitting an Article Online
To submit an article online, and to check the status of your submission, you need to have an account with Journal of Management
Don't have an account? Register Here.
The main objective of this journal is to have it a medium for the dissemination of knowledge, obtained in the research conducted mainly by the academic staff, scientists and eminent scholars in the field of Management Sciences, so journal is to contain research papers, reviews, and short communications that are deemed to be significant contributions in the field of Management Sciences. The journal is circulated to a large number of libraries of Universities, Research Institutes and Learned societies throughout the world.
Contributions should be original work, which has neither been simultaneously submitted for publication nor published previously elsewhere. By submitting a research paper it is deemed that contributors transfer copyright of the paper to the journal.
The Journal of Management will be published twice in a year in April and October by the Faculty of Management & Commerce (FMC), South Eastern University of Sri Lanka.
Refereeing and Editing
All manuscripts submitted for publication will be referred to at least two referees who are eminent scholars in the same field for examining and evaluating, its suitability for publication. The Editorial Board reserves the right to edit the materials to confirm to the style and format of the Journal. Any substantial changes will, of course, be referred back first to the author.
Preparations and Submission of Manuscripts
- General : The manuscript should be free of corrections. The language of publication is English. The style of writing should conform to acceptable English usage. Slang, jargon, unauthorized abbreviations, and abbreviated phrasings should be avoided. The name of the institute where the research was carried out should be stated with author’s name. The corresponding authors name should be underlined. If the present address is different from the given address then it should be given as footnote.
- Manuscript Layout: Although a rigid format is not insisted, it is usually, convenient to divide the papers into sections such as Abstract, Key Words, Introduction, Literature Review, Research Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusions and References. Authors are kindly requested to present two copies of their contribution, typed and single spaced on A4 paper. All works should be formatted in words, Times Roman font of 12 sizes. A manuscript of research paper is usually limited to 10 pages, including a 100 – 150 words long abstract and figures and tables. A list of 3 – 5 keywords indicating the contents of the article should also be included. Each page of the manuscript should be consecutively numbered. Review articles should normally be not more than 4000 words in length.
- Title: The title should be concise and specific. If the article has a title over 30 characters in length, please provide a running title (brief title) for use as a header at the top of the page.
- Quotations: When quoting directly, single quotations mark should be used. Any quotations over 40 words in length should remove the quotation marks and be indented (0.5 both left and right margins). Footnotes should be kept to a minimum. They should be numbered consequently, typed on a separate page at the end before the bibliography and, supplied as a separate file on the disk.
- Research Methods: The research methods should be described in detailed sufficient for the protocol to be replicated. This section may also contain description of the statistics used and the activities that were recorded.
- Figures and Tables: Figures and Tables should be submitted on separate sheet, with their location notes in the text. Table and figure references should be in a consistent style. Caption for illustration should be listed on a separate sheet.
- References: Special care must be taken in citing references correctly. The accuracy of the citation is entirely with the author(s). Contributors are requested to adopt the Harvard system of referencing.
- Proofs: The corresponding author will receive galley proofs by mail for correction, which must be returned to the editor within one week of receipt. Please ensure that a full postal address and e-mail address of the Corresponding author is given on the first page of manuscript so that proofs are not delayed in the mail. Please note that alterations in the text cannot be permitted during the proof reading.
- Copyright: Once the paper is accepted a copyright-transfer form will be sent along with the proofs. The duly filled and signed form should be sent to the editor along with the proofs as mentioned above.
- Submission: On the cover, authors should indicate the number of words, the inclusion of any diagrams. The first page of the typescript should bear the title of the paper, together with the name(s) and affiliation(s) of the author(s). The second page of the typescript should repeat the title, followed by the main body of the text, which should conform strictly to these guidelines.
Address for Submissions:
Editor in Chief
Journal of Management
Faculty of Management & Commerce
South Eastern University of Sri Lanka
Oluvil#32360, Sri Lanka
Tel No: 0094 67 2255184
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses Times New Roman 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Copyright © Faculty of Management & Commerce, South Eastern University of Sri Lanka
The copyright covers the exclusive right to reproduce and distribute the article, including reprints, photographic reproduction, microforms or any other reproductions of similar nature and translations. No part of the article may be reproduced by the reader without permission in writing from the copyright holder.